"There is one body and one Spirit....one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all"
Ephesians 4:4-6 (ESV)
The beginnings of Frenchtown Community Church go back to March of 1955, when a group met to organize a protestant church in the Frenchtown area. The first services were held in the school gym with the Rev. C,A. Morrill, a retired Methodist minister from New York, serving as a pastor until October of 1955. Services were soon moved to an old vacant building that had housed a butcher shop.
The group chose to unite with the Evangelical Lutheran Church and kept this affiliation until 1957, at which time the congregation again voted to return to a non-denominational church. It was then that the building they had been using for two years was purchased for $800. As the congregation grew, the church facilities became insufficient. The congregation began to pray, and a new building that had at one time been a bar was purchased and upgraded for church use. Incorporation of the Church was accomplished in 1973.
Ten years later, the land where our current church building is located, was acquired. In March of 1983, ground was broken, and after much donated labor, the congregation moved into its new 9,600 sq. ft. building on Dec. 29, 1983.
From that time to the present, Frenchtown Community Church has been a fixture in the community, hosting many community events, and touching the lives of thousands throughout the valley. Our desire is to continue to be a light for the Lord in any and every way we can!